For quite some time I have been looking for the perfect summer wreath. Last summer I found one I was absolutely in love with at Tai Pan Trading, but it was $80. I just couldn't justify spending that much money on something I was going to hang on my door so I passed it up. This weekend my mom was in town (that meant lots of girl time and shopping!) and I went on the hunt for a wreath again. I fell in love with this one from Hobby Lobby. It had a price tag of $119.99 (perhaps I have expensive taste?) but was on sale for 50% off. Even then I couldn't justify spending $60 for a wreath...even if I really, really liked it and still kind of want it.
So finding a compromise, I picked out a grapevine wreath, chevron burlap, and a large "B"(all from Hobby Lobby and using their 40% off coupon that is available on mobile devices).
I knew I wanted to showcase the chevron burlap, so I decide to run it across the wreath. I secured the burlap using a hot glue gun.
Next I found some old stems that I had used as decor, but currently didn't have a use for.
I pulled all of the leaves off of the stems and glued them to the wreath.
Next, I painted my B a bright green and left it looking a little shabby and worn. Then my sweet husband drilled some holes through the top and bottom of the B so I could run wire through it to hook it to the wreath.
After a few attempts at wiring, it was finally done!
Total cost out of pocket was roughly $15.
Supplies on hand: